January 18, 2017

An early-morning house fire on Tuesday caused about $9,000 damage to a southside Carroll house but injured none.

The fire was reported about 1 a.m. at 219 E. Second St., the house of Marty and Mary Tuel, according to county records.

Three people were inside at the time, but all escaped, Fire Chief Greg Schreck said.

Faulty electrical wire or equipment between the home’s outdoor meter and indoor service panel is suspected of igniting the fire, which consumed part of an exterior wall of the house.

Carroll firefighters were at the house for about 90 minutes to extinguish it.

The fire caused minor damage to the inside of the house.